Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 04-29-2015, 03:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 509 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

Baltimore, Ferguson, and Racism, what do these three things have in common?

I hate to be the one to make this a topic but --

as for what's going on lately in Baltimore and what happened (and is still happening) in Ferguson, what are your thoughts on it? Who's in the wrong & who's in the right? Are the rioters justified?

* Please try and remain civil. I understand things like this can get heated but, it'll do nothing to progress the discussion.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 04-29-2015, 03:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

Re: Baltimore, Ferguson, and Racism, what do these three things have in common?

Too many kids at an impressionable age, full of testosterone and looking for an outlet. I would have been right along beside the rioters at 15 years old.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 04-29-2015, 08:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,648 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 6,853 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%

It caused an Orioles game to be postponed, another closed to the public, and the weekend series moved to Tampa Bay. Crazy stuff.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

The only things I have a problem with are the rioting and some of the crowds seemingly attacking anyone who happens to look white. Those things discredit the point of the protest. It will give the cops a reason to crack down and that will lead to more trouble.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
222 posts
Ballas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,212, Level: 24 Points: 8,212, Level: 24 Points: 8,212, Level: 24
Level up: 21%
Level up: 21%, 638 Points needed Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
Send a message via Skype™ to Ballas

Teargas and Rubber Bullets... Works here... The people that riot here use it as an excuse to loot shops and steal from foreign owned shops.

The problem is that people do not trust the law anymore then want to take it in to their own hands. They vote for someone and then a year later they turn around and try and get the same person removed from goverment. Not sure what the logic behind that is. It happens every election here, people follow like sheep and believe that they will get a free microwave oven if they vote for a certain paty. Dead serious this happened :-)

Last edited by Ballas; 04-29-2015 at 09:48 AM..
Koos van Dyk (KVD)
aka Ballas

When someone says "STOP"
I never know if its IN THE NAME OF LOVE,
HAMMERTIME, or if I am supposed to
COLLABERATE AND LISTEN...
Old 04-29-2015, 10:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,326 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 16,735 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

10,000 Strong Peacefully Protest In Downtown Baltimore, Media Only Reports The Violence & Arrest of Dozens | BLACK WESTCHESTER
10,000 peaceful protestors.
100 rioters/looters.
35 arrested for rioting.
Main stream media is biased.

Some perspective: tl'dr: just look at the pictures and headlines.
11 Stunning Images Highlight the Double Standard of Reactions to Riots Like Baltimore - Mic

We have spent 250 years systematically attacking minorities. The majority of Americans want to believe we no longer do this. The rise of cameras in nearly every pocket is proving this is not true. People have a right to be irrationally angry. But the important point is that is NOT what is happening, that is just what is being reported.

After the protests of the 60s and 70s the FBI made an internal report that said the number 1 way to control civil rights movements was media black out and manipulation. Peaceful civil rights protests are much larger and more organized to day than in their heyday but you can't tell because of the media manipulation.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62

Quote:
10,000 peaceful protestors.
100 rioters/looters.
35 arrested for rioting.
Main stream media is biased.
Well to be fair the violence is more interesting. Are they supposed to ignore the crimes related to this and just report on the peaceful people? "Well Tom we're here on day 3 of the peaceful protest and still nothing is happening. We've heard reports of violent crime nearby that is related to this event but we're gonna focus on these people while they preach to the choir(I don't mean literally) and mill around peacefully. Up next we'll be checking in with celebrities who are also preaching to the choir in the hopes it will bolster their career prospects."

Quote:
Some perspective:
They should pass a law that imposes heavy fines and a few years in jail for anyone destroying property, fighting or being a nuisance because of sports. It's one of the most pathetic things imaginable. Flipping out and rioting over some other people being paid millions to play a game. It'd be different if these people were part of the actual game, not right but it would be less stupid.

Quote:
People have a right to be irrationally angry. But the important point is that is NOT what is happening, that is just what is being reported.
Not entirely true. I've seen several videos of roving mobs attacking bystanders, usually white, for seemingly no reason. Not just little outbursts or a random incident either.
Excuse the video title I don't agree with it. There's no media bias in that video though. Walking down a major street and just assaulting people and even mobbing them for a beatdown. They aren't even in a rush about it, no fear of retaliation or consequences.

I strongly disagree with the idea that anyone has a right to be irrationally angry. Irrational people cause problems and hurt any legitimacy you might've had. Irrational people destroy their own communities and hurt their innocent neighbors. And again this is happening it's not just a media conspiracy. There's lots of bad apples in this protest bushel.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cute Game Enthusiast
173 posts
CaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the dark
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,677, Level: 17 Points: 3,677, Level: 17 Points: 3,677, Level: 17
Level up: 57%
Level up: 57%, 173 Points needed Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
Send a message via Skype™ to CaptainJivePants

I have to agree with what StevenCassidy said about how it's usually just a handful of young, dumb folks who push things too far and are quickly joined by others. I also agree with StevenCassidy that I can't say for sure I would have avoided a riot or taken the high road if I was a teenager and I found myself in or near a riot or similar situation.

I think Kong's post about the difference in the way riots are handled differently is really interesting. I think most folks would say rioting and violence discredits the individual and the cause, and even the folks on the same side as the rioters are irked by their methods. Unfortunately, the media and people in general don't usually care about peaceful protests regardless of the size or cause. Rioting is one way to bring more attention to the issue and the protests, but most folks won't really get that deep; they'll see a few images and statistics, shake their heads and say how sad or ridiculous it is, and leave it at that. That is definitely largely due to the media coverage IMO.

As far as race/social riots versus sports riots, I think part of the difference in handling might be the way law enforcement are involved. Sports riots tend to focus on property damage and theft, like Ballas was pointing out, and most folks will scatter and/or stay out of anything with law enforcement. However, as soon as folks start attacking law enforcement, you can bet s*** will be jumping off. I'm not saying that justifies the difference in treatment. Nor am I saying that is the case here, or that it is always the case. I'm mostly thinking of this from the perspective of a riot squad officer. In that situation, I'm guessing my priorities are to keep myself and fellow officers safe, then the safety of civilians, then re-establishing order, and the protection of property and such last. You're outnumbered by an angry mob, so you don't want to fight because it's not safe for either side, can bring bad publicity, and pulls your limited numbers away from keeping track of everything else going on. As soon as the mob starts attacking myself and my fellow officers, you can bet we are much more likely to respond. More importantly, we're much more likely to use questionable tactics now that we've been provoked and forced to defend ourselves. I would be interested to see riot protocol to see if that theory holds true at all. It would be even more interesting to hear how experts or people who have been involved in both try to explain the difference in how riots are handled and what really causes them to escalate.

Regardless, don't riot, kids. It's a bad idea.
Captain Jive Pants
- Game Mod
- Arm Removal Expert
- Captain of the 2015 Yolympics Champions, Team Penis
Old 04-29-2015, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,326 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64

@DB, depends. Is the point of news to be sensationalist entertainment or to create an informed society. All tv stations that air on public airwaves signed a contract with the FCC that agrees to the latter.

Quote:
Not entirely true.
My point is the media is ignoring the 10,000 peaceful protestors to focus on the 1% that are violent. Yeah, violence and anger are never justified, but it is not shocking that systematic oppression for a quarter of a millennium would make someone as angry as the middle class when their favorite sports team loses.

Also, I think it's important to keep in mind how many corrupt violent cop videos came out this year and the reason for the new influx. The reason is not because cops are worse now (the opposite is probably true). It is entirely because cameras are more common. Violent cops are a problem the poor and especially minorities have lived with forever. If you don't have to face this problem it is ONLY because you won the birth lottery and has nothing to do with your own personal merit.

Last edited by Kong; 04-29-2015 at 05:58 PM..
Old 04-29-2015, 03:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

It's the exact same thing with gamergate, hordes of gamers fighting corruption and censorship is not a story. So the need to create a narrative. Peaceful protest is not a story, violent riots are a story. This type of sensationalism is what puts money in people's pockets. The only thing we can do is try to help educate the people who are oblivious to the lies. I think more and more people are becoming aware. Judging by nothing other than social media I might add.

And that's another thing to think about it's the advancement in tech that is throwing all this in our faces, I sometimes wish I lived in a time where the headlines were about a farmers cow dying.

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 04-29-2015 at 03:52 PM..
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 04-29-2015, 08:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Baltimore, Ferguson, and Racism, what they have in common:
Psychological manipulation on a global scale.
First, some recent {unrelated} examples:

( Click to show/hide )

Same woman:

( Click to show/hide )

Same woman:

( Click to show/hide )

SAME WOMAN!!!:

( Click to show/hide )

Those pics may seem unrelated to the subject, I know, but my point is to show you in a way you can see {and not automatically doubt because of some official narrative being parroted by the major 'news' outlets, as tends to be the case with the 9/11 false flag terror event} to put aside debates on whether my claim of our being lied to all these years is in fact true.

By the way ...

( Click to show/hide )

How can the same woman be the parent of a school shooting victim, a bystander at a bombing, the lawyer of a mass shooter, etc.
If you can answer this question then please do, because I believe that 2 times is a coincidence, but 3 or more times constitutes a pattern.

Furthermore I need to add that this restores my faith in humanity somewhat, because it shows just how few scumbags like this woman there must be, given the fact they've used her to initiate their poisonous lies so many times!

Fake news intended to stir public emotion, to confuse and control, and above all to keep the general public from realizing the truth: we are all being manipulated by a very small group of people.

As several of you have pointed out, the rioters seem to be the focus of media attention and by paying them such, the media manipulates, and creates public opinion.
I've said this before but, going solely on the way US media portrays their domestic events, one may be lead to believe there are only 'black' and 'white' people {African - Americans and Europeans, in PC speak} living in the US.

We all know that people from all over the world live in the US but my point is the way they try to manipulate these 2 groups it's like they're trying to set them at each others' throats.
That's my take on it, maybe they're trying to use this to trigger someone, to send them 'over the edge' so they grab a gun and kill some people, to further the disarming of the US

Killing that 2nd amendment seems to be top priority.
{edit: you must wonder why the US government is so bent on disarmament if their country is so threatened from outside forces, according to their own narratives, wouldn't the public be better off able to meet force with force?
- or do you think it has more to do with not being able to defend ones' self from corrupt government? = please ask a Russian what happened when they were disarmed back in the 1920's!}

IN conclusion I think that's exactly where this whole thing is intended to lead, as I described above.
Yeah I know I'm just a tinfoil - hatted conspiracy theorist.

Me, in the front, crying:

( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by RU Joe; 04-29-2015 at 08:42 PM..
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
1,768 posts
Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33
Level up: 92%
Level up: 92%, 93 Points needed Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

They're looking for a reason to riot and loot. Nobody should care that a crook with a rapsheet longer than my arm died.

Didn't this same exact thing happen half a year ago?
Old 04-29-2015, 09:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareeps View Post
Nobody should care that a crook with a rapsheet longer than my arm died.
Are you really this uncaring or are you just trying to be shocking? You're saying no one should care that police either negligently caused a non violent criminal to die in custody or straight up murdered him? His rap sheet was for being a drug dealer, big deal. As far as I've heard they approached him and he ran before they could initiate contact. They chased him on their bikes and tackled him. When they supposedly found a switchblade on him they roughed him up, according to witnesses, and then folded him(per the witness) into a police van. About a half hour later he was in a coma because his spine was almost completely severed and his throat was badly damaged. Then he died a week later. The cops are on PAID leave. That's ok with you?
Old 04-29-2015, 10:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
1,768 posts
Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Maybe he shouldnt have got in trouble with the law.

Either way, deserving or not, lighting your own homes and businesses on fire isn't how you protest.

Last edited by Mareeps; 04-29-2015 at 10:11 PM..
Old 04-30-2015, 12:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

Did I dream this or did the guy injure his back a week earlier in a car accident?
kong on Bronies:

Old 04-30-2015, 02:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
1,768 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Did I dream this or did the guy injure his back a week earlier in a car accident?
That's what I heard. I also heard some stuff about him intentionally hurting himself while locked up. He was a lowlife drug dealer, so unless i see evidence to the contrary, i'm siding with the cops on this one
Old 04-30-2015, 11:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Maybe he shouldnt have got in trouble with the law.
You heard it here first folks the cops are free to execute you if you dare to break a law. I guess it's a good thing Mareeps is white and never gets in trouble!

Quote:
I also heard some stuff about him intentionally hurting himself while locked up
Yeah sure he snapped his own neck and broke his own larynx, because reasons. Who told you this crap, Fox news?

Pathetic.

Quote:
If he did it's just more reason why cops shouldn't be beating people up and taking them for joyrides while handcuffed. They should also stop and get medical help when the suspect asks instead of off roading for another half hour until he's in a coma. Wait I forgot this guy sold some drugs I guess it doesn't matter.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
Cute Game Enthusiast
173 posts
CaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the dark
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,677, Level: 17 Points: 3,677, Level: 17 Points: 3,677, Level: 17
Level up: 57%
Level up: 57%, 173 Points needed Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
Send a message via Skype™ to CaptainJivePants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
My point is the media is ignoring the 10,000 peaceful protestors to focus on the 1% that are violent.
Completely agree, not shocked, and I largely hate mass media for this reason.

Quote:
Yeah, violence and anger are never justified, but it is not shocking that systematic oppression for a quarter of a millennium would make someone as angry as the middle class when their favorite sports team loses.

Quote:
Also, I think it's important to keep in mind how many corrupt violent cop videos came out this year and the reason for the new influx. The reason is not because cops are worse now (the opposite is probably true). It is entirely because cameras are more common. Violent cops are a problem the poor and especially minorities have lived with forever. If you don't have to face this problem it is ONLY because you won the birth lottery and has nothing to do with your own personal merit.
The bit in here about cameras is 100% true. History pretty clearly shows that people with power will often abuse their power. The extent and frequency of corruption varies widely. The more things that get documented (phone calls, texts, twatters, facebooks, home videos), the more often we're going to see and hear about them. I don't read it, but I'm pretty sure we can find corrupt law enforcement dating back to the Bible. So, it's not like it's a new thing. And, as we said earlier, it's not like the news or people are swarming to show videos of people doing their jobs correctly or handling tough situations well.

Last edited by CaptainJivePants; 04-30-2015 at 12:16 PM..
Captain Jive Pants
- Game Mod
- Arm Removal Expert
- Captain of the 2015 Yolympics Champions, Team Penis
Old 04-30-2015, 12:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,326 posts
View Stats

1. Should selling drugs be illegal? The war on drugs in its current form does not benefit society.
2. Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not the backseat of a cop car.
3. Cops should not be executioners.
4. Dealing drugs is a jail sentence or fine, not death penalty.
5. Death by being folded in half and chocked is cruel and unusual punishment.
6. Our society hypocritically claims an ideal to treat everyone equally.
7. If he came from a rich community this story would have been extremely different. How many bankers that destroyed our economy had the slightest fear that they might be bent in half?

Last edited by Kong; 04-30-2015 at 12:28 PM..
Old 04-30-2015, 01:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

There is no excuse for this, oppression, segregation, classwar... whatever. (I don't think these heve anything to do with the violence directly, but some people seem to) This is sickening. The tried to douse the man in gas and light him on fire.

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 04-30-2015 at 01:42 PM..
kong on Bronies:

Old 04-30-2015, 01:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

The cops should probably just detain and kill all of them huh?
Old 04-30-2015, 03:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
1,768 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
You heard it here first folks the cops are free to execute you if you dare to break a law. I guess it's a good thing Mareeps is white and never gets in trouble!
Well excuse me for not having sympathy for a scum of the earth drug dealer. I bet you thought Brown didn't deserve to die either despite attacking a cop.

I'm not going to deny that there are some corrupt cops out there, but they're the minority these worthless rioters focus on, which drives them to attack perfectly normal cops.

Last edited by Mareeps; 04-30-2015 at 03:36 PM..
Old 04-30-2015, 03:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
The cops should probably just detain and kill all of them huh?
Were you asking me? Because it kinda seems like it's a sarcastic remark that is suggesting that I'd like the cops to detain and kill them all...
kong on Bronies:

Old 04-30-2015, 04:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Maybe if young people had someone worth looking up to as role models instead of the inbred, psychotic, child - molesting, drug - dealing bankers running our world they wouldn't be so apt to riot and loot?
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

It's all done in the name of "oppression", "segregation", and "prejudice." Everyone's looking for an excuse for their actions and society as a whole has always been the easiest scapegoat.

Should the cops have killed the perp? Of course not. Should people riot over it? Of course not.

A bad/stupid cop killed a criminal and some people used the incident and following protest to loot and riot under the thin veil of oppression. Thing is, most minorities tend to oppress themselves through their counter-cultural biases.

I know he's been dragged through the mud lately but that doesn't refute his statements.