Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 05-04-2016, 02:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Babbys First Con

I went to a con.

Growing up on the east coast of Canada, I never had an opportunity to go to one. I finally went to one and it was friggin amazing!

It was EGLX in Toronto, it's mostly focused on competitive gaming. I had a booth promoting my game, and was stuck in the booth 95% of the time, but I got around a bit. There where competitions in Hearthstone, Street Fighter V, Counter Strike or Call Of Duty... maybe some others, but by far the biggest attraction was the Smash competition. I was literally a football field away, and all conversations needed to stop when something big happened, the crowd was deafening.

The cosplay was awesome (saw a lot of skin, and there was this one Cammy... god I just wanted to sniff her bum), there was a classic arcade section with about 50-60 cabs all free to play, a classic console section with probably 20-30 different consoles.

By the end of the weekend my feet and ankles were destroyed, I was just begging for it all to end, but by the time I got home I was missing it.
Just an infectious environment. This was a relatively small con, but holy shit man I am hooked.

Please Share con stories.

EDIT: The crowd for Smash Grand Finals:

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 05-04-2016 at 02:21 AM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 05-04-2016, 03:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Re: Babbys First Con

Glad to hear the convention was fun. Unfortunately the stream for the Smash Bros tournament was pretty damn bad and a bunch of the pro players were complaining about the tournament being run poorly. Apparently the production guy lost all of his equipment so he had to borrow some shoddy equipment. The actual Smash games I was able to see were fun though.

I've only been to two conventions, Otakon 2014 and 2015. Also planning on going again this year. Last year I got to meet Sean Schemmel, Chris Sabat, and a few other voice actors. Also two years ago I got a picture with Dante Basco (Zuko in Airbender, Rufio in Hook).

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 05-04-2016, 03:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

SC:
Quote:
The cosplay was awesome (saw a lot of skin, and there was this one Cammy... god I just wanted to sniff her bum),

Biting
is better; one guy I knew years ago did that, and it was the bite of true love ~ she fell instantly in love with him - true story.

About the Con:
I'm jealous.
Glad you got to promote your new game, how do you think it was received?
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyChicken View Post
Glad to hear the convention was fun. Unfortunately the stream for the Smash Bros tournament was pretty damn bad and a bunch of the pro players were complaining about the tournament being run poorly. Apparently the production guy lost all of his equipment so he had to borrow some shoddy equipment. The actual Smash games I was able to see were fun though.

I've only been to two conventions, Otakon 2014 and 2015. Also planning on going again this year. Last year I got to meet Sean Schemmel, Chris Sabat, and a few other voice actors. Also two years ago I got a picture with Dante Basco (Zuko in Airbender, Rufio in Hook).
Yeah, from where I was sitting everything seemed to be running smoothly... then I looked online after words and apparently they suddenly made the chat sub only during the Smash Finals. On top of that, I guess the guy running the stream was being really rude and condescending towards the viewers. Like straight up belittling them.

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Joe View Post
SC:

Biting
is better; one guy I knew years ago did that, and it was the bite of true love ~ she fell instantly in love with him - true story.

About the Con:
I'm jealous.
Glad you got to promote your new game, how do you think it was received?
I could have bit it I guess. The game was received pretty good I think, we won best indie games of the show along with 2-3 others, that was cool.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 05-05-2016, 04:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

NSFW
( Click to show/hide )

It's chewy - chewy ..

.. but not too chewy~!

More about the EGLX in Toronto:

I'm happy to hear your game did well SC; in the top 3 is pretty darn good.
NO, it's better than that - it's outstanding!

Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.