Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 06-22-2010, 12:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

+3 (+3/-0)     
Americanized Street Fighter

School's been a little light in the workload lately, so I figured I'd give some street fighters the North American treatment. Here's the first one,(they will get better, this is my first try at this) I plan to do a huge crazy collage street fighter battle like those awesome ones scattered on the net. Anybody see any thing they like or don't like? Don't be shy feedback helps Illustrator's get better, so I appreciate criticism. Any requests on who I should do next?

Comments

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-22-2010, 01:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Re: Americanized Street Fighter

That's pretty good, sort of reminds me of Zeus from the Disney version of Hercules.
I think you should do Dan next.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

I like it a lot but I think his expression is too feral or wild looking. I'm sure there's examples to match this online but to me Sagat has always been so cool because he's smug and calm all the time.

Quote:
I think you should do Dan next.
I disagree. It seems like all I see is crap about Dan. Not just on RU but everywhere. Yeah I get that he's a joke character or started out that way but he's one of the lamest SF characters ever made. No offense to DM or other Dan fans.
I vote Dhalsim or E. Honda next.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I was joking about doing Dan next anyway.
I am not a fan of him because he is a joke, but because I've gotten quite good with playing as him.

I'd rather see more deserving characters redone next.
I'd like to see Zangief, E. Honda or Balrog next to be honest.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

Quote:
I'd like to see Zangief
Damn you're right, that has the greatest potential for epicness. I change my vote to Zangief.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Sakura. *_*

Old 06-22-2010, 01:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Zangief it is, then Sakura.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-22-2010, 01:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

I take it back about Dan, Sakura is the most played out SF character when it comes to fan art. At least Dan is original, Sakura is just a carbon copy of the stereotypical japanese school girl, who can also fight!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

I see what your saying DB, a smirk may be more effective here, thanks.
I just like her cause I found her to be a good fighter, her being shoto and all.
kong on Bronies:

Old 06-22-2010, 02:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I take it back about Dan, Sakura is the most played out SF character when it comes to fan art. At least Dan is original, Sakura is just a carbon copy of the stereotypical japanese school girl, who can also fight!
That what makes her awesome.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
I see what your saying DB, a smirk may be more effective here, thanks.
No problem, just calling it like I see it. I think the wild, feral look is better suited to a Zangief or a Blanka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails.
That what makes her awesome.
Wow, for real?
Old 06-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Zangief! Zangief! Zangief!
Then do Cammy. Is there anyway you can put that on a web cam so we can watch?
Old 06-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000 View Post
Zangief! Zangief! Zangief!
Then do Cammy. Is there anyway you can put that on a web cam so we can watch?
You mean like those speed paintings you see? Possibly, I have always wanted to do one. So Cammy is in line.
kong on Bronies:

Old 06-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Dan at some point would be nice, just not at the top of the list. E. Honda would be the one I want to see next.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

If you make Chun Li look like a hag I'll ban you from the chat room again.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

How can I resit that offer?
kong on Bronies:

Old 06-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Stupid question, what does Americanized mean?

How do you do this? Pen and paper and then scan, import to flash and break apart and clean up?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

"Americanized" Just refers to taking a Japanese (or any other country) drawing and giving it a north american style, for instance, americanised pikachu:
( Click to show/hide )
Is a better example than mine because SF characters are closer to the border than the average Japanese drawing.

My process: scan in regular pencil drawing, open it in a program called "paint tool sai" (ironic) clean it up with a black line, paint over top with colors on new layer with 60-80 percent opacity, this gives you the darker yet same color outline. New layer at 10-20 percent opacity for hard cast shadows, then another 10-20 percent layer for airbrush gradients.

Last edited by Slime Slayer; 06-22-2010 at 11:46 PM..
kong on Bronies:

Old 06-22-2010, 11:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Pikachu actually looks cool in that picture, what's the appeal of his JP counterpart? I think he normally looks retarded.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

NA style is cooler than JP, it's just the JP formula is so easily reproduced, and overdone that people think it's superior. I could easily draw sailor moon when I was younger, but god help me if I could draw a goofy.

---------- Post added 06-24-2010 at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-23-2010 at 04:53 AM ----------

Here's Zangief, I'm gonna ditch the americanization thing and just stevenize them instead, if I'm gonna do a ton of these I'd like them to be a little more personal. Likes? Dislikes?

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
NA style is cooler than JP, it's just the JP formula is so easily reproduced, and overdone that people think it's superior. I could easily draw sailor moon when I was younger, but god help me if I could draw a goofy.
I thought for sure this would spark some sort of debate.
kong on Bronies:

Old 06-24-2010, 04:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Hey DB, is Zangief your father? Awsome stuff by the ways Steven.

( Click to show/hide )
Old 06-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

That is an awesome take on Zangief.
He looks scary, and his crotch is still as distinct as ever.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Awesome job steven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven
I thought for sure this would spark some sort of debate.
I guess everyone realizes you're probably right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM
and his crotch is still as distinct as ever.
I know right?
Old 06-24-2010, 04:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

I had to go there, seeing as I did post about it before.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

Thanks guys, and yeah, there was no way I was gonna leave out the crotch, hehe.

The queue:
Sakura
Cammy
Dan
Hag Chun-Li
kong on Bronies: