Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 08-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

+10 (+10/-0)     
Akinator, the web genius

Akinator, the Web Genius

Really fun, great way to pass the time. basically you say yes or no to what he describes and you get your answer.

Comments

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Re: Akinator, the web genius

It got Alex Kidd in 20 questions.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Whoa, he got Bill Rizer. I really didn't think he had the info needed but he showed me.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

He got zoomer from metroid, after a bunch of questions and 1 wrong guess.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

He couldnt get metal slime, he tried slime, purple tentacle, and the some pokemon, before he gave up.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 08-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Damn it, sometimes he gets it without all the information.

He got Fraiser Crane.
He also got Heihachi Mishima.
Charles Manson - Yes
Master Joker {Persona 2} - No
Fidel Castro - Yes
Sanjuro {from the movie Yojimbo} - Yes
The Man With No Name {Dollars Trilogy} - Yes
Dirty Harry - Yes {third guess}
Sam Axe (Burn Notice) - Yes
Duncan MacLeod - Yes
Sakata Gintoki - Yes
Jonathan Kramer {Jigsaw Killer} - Yes
Shawn Spencer {Psyche} - Yes
He also got himself.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

The Boy Named Crow {Kafka on the Shore} - No
Cthulhu - Yes
Solid Snake - Yes
Joe Camel - Yes
Jack Daniel {the whiskey guy} - Yes

I can't think of any more to try and stump him with.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

He got Stella from DQ9 and a Servbot. He did not get Cutie from Astyanax.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62

thing is, when I was doing Megaman, it asked if the character was in capcom, I said yes, and it gave the answer Tenchi. o.o

Was like what the hell?

Old 08-21-2010, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63

Holy crap. He got Saeko Busujima from the new anime Highschool of the Dead.

Great pic too.
NSFW:
( Click to show/hide )

Old 08-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

lmao, nice. A friend wanted me to watch that. It good Tenser?

Old 08-21-2010, 08:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
View Stats

No, it is friggen great (thus far). One of the best animes I have ever seen. I've seen over 300 and if HotD keeps up this pace it will certainly be in my top three.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Nice, so a horror right?

Old 08-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
View Stats

Lots of zombies, blood, and boobs.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mr. Sparkle
Donor
Game Mod
1,886 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 56
Points: 52,843, Level: 56 Points: 52,843, Level: 56 Points: 52,843, Level: 56
Level up: 16%
Level up: 16%, 1,607 Points needed Level up: 16% Level up: 16%

I tried to stump him with the Inanimate Carbon Rod from the Simpsons. He actually got it on the first try.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -George Carlin

Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!

Old 08-21-2010, 10:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Now then, I shall try some more to stump him:
Mumm-Ra (Thundercats) - Second guess
Cousin Itt (The Adams Family) - First guess
Mugen (Samurai Champloo) - First guess
Mr. Sparkle - Third guess
Ranger Smith - Second guess
Lord Raptor (Darkstalkers) - No
Takaya Sakaki (Persona 3) - First guess
Marco Rossi (Metal Slug) - First guess
Sleipnir (Odin's Horse) - No
Jörmungandr/Midgard Serpent (Norse Mythology) - Second guess
Santa Clause - First guess
Ramon (A Fistful of Dollars) - First guess
Bon Scott (former singer, AC/DC; currently deceased) - First guess
Alice Cooper - First guess
Victor Kruger (The Kurgan, from: The Highlander) - First guess
Bill Clinton - Third guess
Eddie (mascot of Iron Maiden) - First guess
Tommy Vercetti (GTA: Vice City) - First guess
Zangief - First guess
Dan Hibiki - Second guess {it was over at the question "Is your character useful?}
Old 08-22-2010, 12:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
5,566 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52
Level up: 1%
Level up: 1%, 1,791 Points needed Level up: 1% Level up: 1%

Lando Calrisium(Star Wars V/VI), Khan Noonien Singh(Star Trek), The genie himself, Hank Hill, Nymphadora Tonks(minor character from Harry Potter), Bumble Bee(Transformers), Weird Al Yankovich, Impa (the Legend of Zelda), The Prince of Persia, Barry Burton (Resident Evil), and surprisingly even Bobby Barrows (the deformed killer in Clock Tower).

Holy crap. Amazing find Tails.

Interestingly enough, when I was thinking of Zaphod Beeblebrox(Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) it guessed Ford Prefect(Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), then Slartibartfest(Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), and finally went slightly off track with Lone Star(Space Balls).

Black Night from Monty Python. I could do this all night long.

Last edited by DrunkN; 08-22-2010 at 12:42 AM..
Old 08-22-2010, 12:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29
Level up: 81%, 190 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

So far he's correctly guessed:
Guan Yu- 2nd guess (the first was Lu Bu)
Fox - 1st guess
Hannibal Smith- 2nd guess (first was Face)
Gabriel Angelos- 2nd guess (first was Megaman/Rockman.exe)
Derrick Thomas- 1st Guess
Bob Seger- Stumped
Donny Osmond- 1st guess

Must be too predictable 0_0;

Last edited by StarfoxFan2009; 08-22-2010 at 12:31 AM..
Old 08-22-2010, 12:52 AM   #16 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Was actually my friend, we were using this site between restocks today. ^_^

Old 08-22-2010, 12:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
5,566 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52
Level up: 1%
Level up: 1%, 1,791 Points needed Level up: 1% Level up: 1%

Duke Onklet. Duke freaking Onklet. This thing amazes me. I could literally spend a weekend on this guy.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM
Bon Scott (former singer, AC/DC; currently deceased)
Is that gonna change at some point?

My gf and I tried several and he was so accurate it's freaky. Some of them were crazy with seemingly no distinct info(Otto the auto pilot was amazing).

Larry - Parrot, Parakeet, stumped but really close and I added the right word into the database(Cockatiel)
Underdog- first try with very vague questions
The crack fox(The Mighty Boosh)- first try, wow.
Charlie, giant piece of bubble gum(Mighty boosh)- third try
Bob Fossil(also Mighty boosh)- first try
David the Gnome- first try
Foghorn Leghorn- first try
Chicken Lady(Kids in the Hall)- first try
Otto the autopilot(Airplane!)- second try with mostly all "no" answers, wow again
Wee Wendy(movie)- stumped but it's very obscure
Tippu Mouse (Happy Ending Stories) - stumped and same as above
Dominar Rigel XVI (FarScape) - first try
Darwin the Dolphin (SeaQuest) - second try
Dr. Frank N. Furter (Rocky Horror Picture Show) - second try
Carl (ATHF) - first try
Black, White Supremacist (Chappelle's Show) - second try
EMH Doctor(Star Trek Voyager)- first try
Emperor from Oblivion- first try
Samwell(What what in the butt)- second try( )
Pauly D(Jersey Shore)- first try
McNugget Kids- stumped but I might've mislead him by answering wrong
Myrtle Urkel (Family Matters) - stumped
Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander(Sword of Truth books)- first try
Thomas Covenant(The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant)- first try

Impressive database and whatever program they're using is damn good at pinpointing the answer. Most of these do ok but this was like 99% right on even with somewhat obscure characters.

Btw you stingy bastards should rate Tails up for posting this.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Glad you like it Dudebro!

Old 08-22-2010, 11:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Impressive database and whatever program they're using is damn good at pinpointing the answer. Most of these do ok but this was like 99% right on even with somewhat obscure characters.
That's how it works. When he guessed Ramon from Fistful of Dollars, there was no picture, and he had only been thought of ten times. As you come up with characters that have not been seen, it will ask you to add it to the database, so as it fails, the database expands. The questions work by certain patterns I.E: "Is your character from a video game?" will be followed {not always next question} by: "Is your character created by Capcom?", "Is your character linked with Nintendo?", "Is your character from Metroid?", "Do you control your character?", "Do you talk to your character?", "Does your character speak?", "Is your character useful?"{this is how it got Dan} or "Is your character a Street Fighter?"

Norse mythology is rather good at stumping it, Sleipnir got it, though it was close with guessing Gandalf's horse.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
View Stats

It got Patricia from Lucky Star (2nd) and Robert Oppenheimer (1st).

Old 08-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Regular Poster
757 posts
Timber Wolf is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 18
Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18
Level up: 66%
Level up: 66%, 137 Points needed Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Send a message via Yahoo to Timber Wolf

Wow, It's figured out everything I've come up with with the exception of Phelan Kell(Kell/Ward/Wolf) from BattleTech, but the closest it got was Victor Davion-Steiner, which is at least from BT and has his own series of books, so close. It even guessed Hito-Shura(Demi-Fiend) from SMT III: Nocturne
Old 08-22-2010, 03:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

It got Dean Koontz {writer}, on the third try.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:16 PM   #24 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
View Stats

Rage!

Futaba from Mitsudomoe on the first try.

Yoshii from Baka to Test on the first try.

Rich Uncle Pennybags on the first try.

Jack Cayman from MadWorld on first try.

If I go extremely niche than I can stump him such as VS-jii-san from Weiss Survive R or Yutori from Yutori-chan!.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

He got Chris Bores, the irate gamer on his third try.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."