Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 09-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,705 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Adult Swim

Thought I'd make a topic about Adult Swim. Don't know if there's a topic for this already.

So anyone can talk about any show they like/dislike on Adult Swim.

My favorite show is Family Guy. I also like American Dad. I liked Futurama alot before it was taken off. The Cleveland Show is okay, Ive seen an episode or two.

I dislike pretty much all the new stuff like Children's Hospital and Delocated.
Aqua Team Hunger Force is really good I've heard, but I have never watched it before.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 09-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Re: Adult Swim

My favorite was Futurama. I strongly dislike Family Guy, hate American Dad, and hate The Cleveland Show even more.
I also like that they show the British version of The Office, that one's good.
Aqua Team Hunger Force is hit-and-miss for me, but for the most part I don't like it.
Same goes for Robot Chicken.

They show King of the Hill, I like that.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,705 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Futurama was awesome. I love to catch it on Comedy Central when I can. Never seen King of the Hill, but my cousin disliked it, so I never watched it.

Why do you hate Family Guy so much? You dont even like the first couple of seasons? I dont like the later episodes that much but I can still stand them. If you dont like Family Guy, its obvious you wouldnt like American Dad or The Cleveland Show.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

I cant stand Robot Chicken. Its pretty stupid.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 09-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Delocated and Childrens Hospital are garbage. Robot Chicken has some funny moments but for the most part it's garbage too. Other than that it's all good.

Quote:
I strongly dislike Family Guy
You made me do it-
( Click to show/hide )
Old 09-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

I don't know what they show on Adult Swim these days, but Home Movies is my favorite show ever.

Boondocks is great, I love King Of The Hill, Squidbillies is great, Spaceghost is awesome, Family Guy is OK, Venture Bros is OK...

Tim and Eric is awful, Delocated is very hit or miss, pretty much anything else live action is terrible.

All my opinion of course.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,705 posts
View Stats

I agree Dudebro. I mean, Delocated and Children's Hospital are really just terrible. I laugh at Robot Chicken every once in a while, but that's probably it.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

They don't play Home Movies or Spaceghost anymore I think.

Everything else is still on Im pretty sure.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

My problem with Family Guy is this:
It is pretty much the same few lame jokes stretched out for several seasons of unfunny.
Every now and then it will be funny, like the episode with Super Satan or whatever, but not usually my kind of thing.

There is also no plot whatsoever. I like it when there is a plot that at least can make it through an entire episode.

Not everyone would like King of the Hill, but it's pretty good.

Copypasta, but still:
( Click to show/hide )

………………_„-,-~~::::::':::::::::~-,~„
…………._,-:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
……,,,..,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|
………,-'::::::::::::„:„„-~-~--'~-'~--~-~--~--~„:,'
……..,'::::::::::,~: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : '-|
……..|::::::::,-': : : : : : : : - -~''――-„: : : : : :\
……..|::::::::|: : : : : : : : : _„„--~~-„: : : : : '|
……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~~~'''-„…_..„~'''''''――|―",
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|――''|: ~---„_: |――|
……..,~-,_/: : : |: :(o___ ): : |: : : :|:(o___): \.. |
……../,'-,: : : : : -,_______,-: : : : -„______\-'
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : :\
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :: : ―~~: ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: : : |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
…………..|: :-,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
…………..',: : :-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ,'
……………| : : : : : : : : :_ : : : : : : : : : : ,-'
……………|: : : : : : : : : : '~----------~: :,'
…………._|: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
……….„-. '-,_: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ,'
……,-. . . . . ~-„_: : : : : : : : : : : : :,-

@DB:
You rang?
Old 09-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,705 posts
View Stats

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29khjYTOLC8]YouTube - Family Guy - SuperDevil[/ame]

Super Devil LOL!

Old 09-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

I like that one. Like I said, it has its moments.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,705 posts
View Stats

I laugh pretty much constantly for Family Guy. Even when I watch re-runs. Always found a sense of humor for it.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
369 posts
pieman124 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,195, Level: 13 Points: 2,195, Level: 13 Points: 2,195, Level: 13
Level up: 44%
Level up: 44%, 255 Points needed Level up: 44% Level up: 44%

I love Family Guy also. The middle of the series was the best. The newer ones are still really funny, but some not as good. I also think American Dad is good. Robot Chicken is pretty good, like I would watch it, but it's usually stupid. Actually the only time it's not is when I no what they are making fun of. I also really like Aqua team Hunger Force. That show is great. If anyone watches that, the voice of Shake is the same voice as Gazpacho on Chowder. I hate Childrens Hospital.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats

Oh yeah, Aqua Teen is awesome. Though some of the later episodes got way too weird for me.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 09-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,705 posts
View Stats

I dont know much people who like Children's Hospital or Delocated

Old 09-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
369 posts
pieman124 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,195, Level: 13 Points: 2,195, Level: 13 Points: 2,195, Level: 13
Level up: 44%
Level up: 44%, 255 Points needed Level up: 44% Level up: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakMastaTom View Post
Oh yeah, Aqua Teen is awesome. Though some of the later episodes got way too weird for me.
I don't no when the episode is new or old because I recently started watching.

@Chrisp-I totally agree.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Infinite Spark
1,080 posts
warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28
Level up: 77%
Level up: 77%, 210 Points needed Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
I dont know much people who like Children's Hospital or Delocated
I like childrens hospital
my favorite was tom goes to the mayor
Old 09-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,705 posts
View Stats

Really? I hate the show. What do you like about it?

Old 09-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
The Infinite Spark
1,080 posts
warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28
Level up: 77%
Level up: 77%, 210 Points needed Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

It makes me laugh
Old 09-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,705 posts
View Stats

I watched an episode and I was bored to death, but I guess everyone has their own opinion on it. I mean some people absolutely hate Family Guy, when others love it.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,654 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 7,196, Level: 22 Points: 7,196, Level: 22 Points: 7,196, Level: 22
Level up: 94%
Level up: 94%, 54 Points needed Level up: 94% Level up: 94%

I love: Boondocks, Venture Bros., Futurama, and ATHF.
I like: Family Guy, American Dad.
I hate: Childrens Hospital, Delotcated ~ if you like this go get yourself one of those nifty Darwin Awards
I absolutly cannot stand that Tim and Eric show.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:20 AM   #20 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

I just wanna add that King of the Hill is one of the best animated shows ever. Also TMT brought up Home movies, which is very lame. He told me before how good it was so I gave it another try but the more I watch it the more I hate it. It's like a animated woody allen movie.

Boondocks and Squidbillies are also ftw.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

Quote:
I just wanna add that King of the Hill is one of the best animated shows ever.
Agreed. That show is genius and I never get sick of it.

Quote:
Also TMT brought up Home movies, which is very lame. He told me before how good it was so I gave it another try but the more I watch it the more I hate it. It's like a animated woody allen movie.
Son, you aint got no taste. Home Movies is my favorite show ever made, miles above anything else that has ever aired on television. I have no idea how anyone can find Coach McGuirk unfunny.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCpNWWLjMHo"]YouTube - Home Movies - Insomnia[/ame]
Genius
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 09-20-2010, 03:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

I do like McGuirk but that's it. All the other characters are awkward, whiny and annoying. Imo of course.

Btw Venture Bros really grew on me. I think it's one of the more creative shows out there and it has an awesome retro feel to it. Also this-
Old 09-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Quote:
I just wanna add that King of the Hill is one of the best animated shows ever.
"I'm the assistant manager of this theater, I sell popcorn and popcorn accessories."

What eclipses King of the Hill?
The Simpsons and Futurama are the only two I can think of, I hold those on the same level as King of the Hill, they are all funny in different ways.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%

Home Movies is a great show.

McGuirk: Oh my God, it's Death.
Melissa: No coach, it's me, Melissa.
McGuirk: Oh my God, it's Melissa.

The deadpan delivery gets me everytime.

Metalocalypse is a great show as well.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

First of all, as I've mentioned many times before, I don't watch TV.
Why not?
Well, one day there was some music awards show on, and this guy gets up on stage wearing only a 'Depends' diaper and says to the audience:
'I'm peeing. Right now.'
And the idiots in the audience cheered for his pee.
{or maybe the 'Applause' light was on - who knows?}

It was on that day that I unplugged my cablevision, and haven't plugged it back in since.
{on a side note, I thought it was really funny when I called up the cable company to get it disconnected; the operator was acting like I requested them to terminate my life or something: 'Are you SURE you want it disconnected??'}

ON TOPIC:

At a friend's house one night came this 'Robot Chicken' on TV.
All I saw was gory/ potty humor with numerous references to retro shows and movies.
Sure, it was kind of neat seeing those references being made {for an audience too young to know what 'Star Wars' is, for example} but the gory ending of each of the skits threw me off.
I suppose psychos may have found it funny, but to me death isn't a punchline.

Last edited by RU Joe; 09-20-2010 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: for example
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.