Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 03-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

AD&D and D20 and tabletop RPG

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D20_system"]d20 System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] is like Dungeons & Dragons just a different brand with slightly different rules.

Role-playing game (pen and paper)

I don't have much to say, I just started this to see if anyone else had anything to add.

When I was a kid I wanted to play AD&D so bad. I lived in a small town and could only find one other person that was interested. We couldn't afford the books and never figured out how to play. Plus my grandparents were dead set on it being of the devil and wouldn't allow me to look at it when they took me to bookstores. I did eventually get [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeroQuest"]HeroQuest[/ame] and it was ok but I somehow lost it after a couple months.

Last year I played D20 Conan for about 5 3 hour sessions. It was a blast. I don't really like the role playing or dialog but I love the stats and strategy. The DM was awesome in my inexperienced opinion.

I have thought about going to the local game store and playing with random strangers but for some reason it seems intimidating ( I would be starting in the middle with rules that I don't know and people I don't know ) and way too nerdy ( who actually does that ). Any of you ever done that?

I have been playing [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_Scape"]Heroscape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] (got it at a thrift store for $3) with some friends but it isn't the same.

And while I'm thinking about it, has anyone ever play Hero Quest Every Video Game ? Is it any good?

Last edited by Kong; 03-24-2010 at 12:26 AM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
386 posts
nikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,615, Level: 12 Points: 1,615, Level: 12 Points: 1,615, Level: 12
Level up: 23%
Level up: 23%, 385 Points needed Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

Re: AD&D and D20 and tabletop RPG

I've also always wanted to play, at least just to know what it's like.

My boyfriend loves Vampire, I don't know if that's the name in English, or if there is an English version... (the websites I've seen are in Spanish). Once I played with him, another friend of his, and a couple of other girls. I wanted to play seriously but the girls seemed to just be playing to fool around. The next day my boyfriend said we didn't have any imagination (this being our first time playing) and we never played again
Old 03-24-2010, 02:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

I always loved reading the source books for D&D and similar P&P games but I could never bring myself to play them. I'm not worried about it being too nerdy(that ship has sailed) I just can't get past the pen and paper part. I need a visual representation or I lose interest fast. Games like NeverWinterNights was good because it used all the table top stuff in the background but it was kind of like diablo, shadowrun, ect, I'm not sure what that view is called.
Btw those source books or w/e they're called are awesome if you're into the background stories of creatures and places, lots of details.

I think Tenser was into P&P, he might have some info for you.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Yep. Started with the red box, went through basic and ad&d and ended with 3.0 d20. Also played some of the older white wolf and marvel systems before they adopted (vampire, werewolf, shadowrun, etc...).

Old 03-24-2010, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

I used to play about once a week for a few years, never even heard of d20 though.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 03-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Donor
2,677 posts
sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 23,930, Level: 38 Points: 23,930, Level: 38 Points: 23,930, Level: 38
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 720 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
I did eventually get HeroQuest and it was ok but I somehow lost it after a couple months.

And while I'm thinking about it, has anyone ever play Hero Quest Every Video Game ? Is it any good?
I still have HeroQuest with an expansion pack but I haven't played it in AGES. I have played the EVG Hero Quest a long time ago so I don't remember much about it. For some reason I think you can walk through the walls or something.

I'm sure the ROM is out there and can be put on RU.
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

I just tried that game and didn't understand it.