Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 09-16-2014, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,942 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 12,784, Level: 29 Points: 12,784, Level: 29 Points: 12,784, Level: 29
Level up: 34%
Level up: 34%, 666 Points needed Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

2015 and beyond NFL Hall of Fame thread

Yeah i know there's already an NFL thread but i think a discussion about upcoming hall of fame nominees and inductions should have its own thread, leaving the other to express disappointment for the seasons

but i digress xP

Not even three weeks in and the League is already starting up the nominations for the Hall of Fame for next year. Looking through their list, i see several players that should be in in the next few years, and some that shouldnt. Let me start with the shoulds:

1. Dick Vermiel- HC Philadelphia Eagles, STL Rams (Won Super Bowl, 1999 Rams lost Super Bowl 1980 Eagles) Kansas City Chiefs
2. Nick Lowery K Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets
3. Herschel Walker, RB Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Minnesota Vikings
4. Morten Andersen K New Orleans Saints, Atlanta Falcons, Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings
5. Randall Cunningham QB Philadelphia Eagles, Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore Ravens

Now i do admit there's a bit of bias here since three of the shoulds have been a part of my Kansas City Chiefs, but i also do think their talent speaks volume enough to be included. Morten Andersen did last a long time for a kicker, after all :P

and here are the should nots/ later down the road:

1. Priest Holmes RB Baltimore Ravens, Kansas City Chiefs
2. Steve McMichael, NT Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers
3. Edgerrin James, RB Indianapolis Colts, Arizona Cardinals
4. Sterling Sharpe, WR Green Bay Packers
5. Jimmy Smith, WR Dallas Cowboys, Jacksonville Jaguars

Priest fell short based on not only putting up enough hall of fame numbers, but because of the fact his potential, like Sharpe's, was cut short due to injury. Carl Peterson is to blame for that one. Edgerrin and Jimmy will be in, but not this year. and Steve McMichael for what its worth didnt really perform up to hall of fame standards unlike his fellow 85 bears Dent, Singletary and Hampton
Old 09-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Donor
Game Mod
326 posts
Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,567, Level: 24 Points: 8,567, Level: 24 Points: 8,567, Level: 24
Level up: 65%
Level up: 65%, 283 Points needed Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Re: 2015 and beyond NFL Hall of Fame thread

It might be worth noting that Sharpe had some of his best years under a mediocre quarterback (Majkowski).
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
37 posts
pinoycelt is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 1
Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 8 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxFan2009 View Post
Yeah i know there's already an NFL thread but i think a discussion about upcoming hall of fame nominees and inductions should have its own thread, leaving the other to express disappointment for the seasons

but i digress xP

Not even three weeks in and the League is already starting up the nominations for the Hall of Fame for next year. Looking through their list, i see several players that should be in in the next few years, and some that shouldnt. Let me start with the shoulds:

1. Dick Vermiel- HC Philadelphia Eagles, STL Rams (Won Super Bowl, 1999 Rams lost Super Bowl 1980 Eagles) Kansas City Chiefs
2. Nick Lowery K Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets
3. Herschel Walker, RB Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Minnesota Vikings
4. Morten Andersen K New Orleans Saints, Atlanta Falcons, Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings
5. Randall Cunningham QB Philadelphia Eagles, Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore Ravens

Now i do admit there's a bit of bias here since three of the shoulds have been a part of my Kansas City Chiefs, but i also do think their talent speaks volume enough to be included. Morten Andersen did last a long time for a kicker, after all :P

and here are the should nots/ later down the road:

1. Priest Holmes RB Baltimore Ravens, Kansas City Chiefs
2. Steve McMichael, NT Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers
3. Edgerrin James, RB Indianapolis Colts, Arizona Cardinals
4. Sterling Sharpe, WR Green Bay Packers
5. Jimmy Smith, WR Dallas Cowboys, Jacksonville Jaguars

Priest fell short based on not only putting up enough hall of fame numbers, but because of the fact his potential, like Sharpe's, was cut short due to injury. Carl Peterson is to blame for that one. Edgerrin and Jimmy will be in, but not this year. and Steve McMichael for what its worth didnt really perform up to hall of fame standards unlike his fellow 85 bears Dent, Singletary and Hampton
When I went to vote, of the above players listed I only saw Andersen (definitely HOF material, one of the most consistent and accurate kickers in NFL history) and Edgerrin (12,000+ rushing yards, HOF material as well).

I voted for the 15 allowed out of the list below on nfl.com:

Morten Andersen-voted
Steve Atwater
Jerome Bettis-voted
Tim Brown-voted
Isaac Bruce-voted
Don Coryell
Roger Craig
Terrell Davis
Tony Dungy-voted
Kevin Greene-did not vote, was a tough one to decide
Charles Haley-voted
Marvin Harrison-voted
Torry Holt-did not vote, also tough, next time for sure
Joe Jacoby
Edgerrin James-voted
Jimmy Johnson-voted
Mike Kenn
Ty Law-voted
John Lynch-voted
Kevin Mawae-voted
Karl Mecklenburg
Orlando Pace-voted
Junior Seau-voted
Will Shields
Kurt Warner-voted
Darren Woodson
Old 12-31-2014, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,942 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 12,784, Level: 29 Points: 12,784, Level: 29 Points: 12,784, Level: 29
Level up: 34%
Level up: 34%, 666 Points needed Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

Morten Andersen
Steve Atwater
Jerome Bettis
Tim Brown
Isaac Bruce
Don Coryell
Roger Craig
Terrell Davis
Tony Dungy
Kevin Greene
Charles Haley
Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Joe Jacoby
Edgerrin James
Jimmy Johnson
Mike Kenn
Ty Law
John Lynch
Kevin Mawae
Karl Mecklenburg
Orlando Pace
Junior Seau
Will Shields
Kurt Warner
Darren Woodson

Here are the fifteen semifinalists. as a side note Mick Tinglehoff was selected via Senior Committee