| Donation Goal |
|Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%) || ||Donate Now |
|When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible. |
Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors
Register to enable more features such as high score recording.
| || || |
| Game ||Options |
|| Super Contra High Scores |
Description The sequel to "Contra" - released a year earlier - is set in the year 2634 and begins with the disturbing news that the alien invaders from the first game - a race known as the Red Falcon - have renewed their attack on Earth and have infiltrated military bases and possessed most of the federation forces troops.
The heroes of the first games - Bill Rizer and Lance Bean - are once again called upon to defend the Earth and defeat the alien invaders.
Super Contra plays useridentically to its predecessor, with the usual mix of run-and-gun gameplay. The main difference is that the into-the-screen stages of the original Contra have been replaced with overhead stages. In addition, power-up icons are now represented as the actual weapons wielded by the characters, instead of the traditional letter-based falcon icons and players can now upgrade their weapon by picking it up twice in a row.
Another new gameplay addition is that players can now control the height of their jump; holding the joystick up and pressing the jump button allows for a higher jump; likewise the player can perform low jumps by holding down-right or down-left while pressing the jump button.
The available weapons are as follows:
* Machine Gun - Fires bullets at auto-fire. The upgraded version increases the firing rate to a near-ridiculous speed.
* Bomb Launcher - Fires bombs that spread fire when they hit their target. The upgraded version causes bigger explosions.
* Laser Rifle - Fires a powerful laser beam once per shot. The upgraded version fires a larger beam.
* Spread Shot - Fires a three-way shot. Increases to a five-way spread after the upgrade.
* Mega Shell - Available only in the top-view stages. After picking it up, players can launch it by pressing the jump button and kill all on-screen enemies.
Super Contra's five stages are:
* Area 1 - Outer Base (side-view) - A military base overrun by possessed soldiers. Bosses include a manned tank and a possessed helicopter. At the end of the level, players must destroy a core protected by a pair of snipers and a grenade thrower to gain entrance to the next area.
* Area 2 - Inner Base (top-view) - A tank hanger filled with manned tanks and cannons, in addition to enemy soldiers. The end-of-level boss is the Hyper Electric Magnetic Tank Magnus, which is manned by three gunners.
* Area 3 - Jungle (side-view) - Enemies come from trees as players progress through the level. The heroes will sometimes have to cross a lake, and players can duck into it to avoid enemy fire. Towards the end of the level, the heroes are faced with alien eggs that produce facehugger-like creatures (the same ones featured in the original game). The end-of-level boss is an alien shrine with a skull.
* Area 4 - 1st Alien Lair (side-view) - This takes place inside an alien nest. The enemies are now xenomorph-like creatures and mutant mouths that shoot alien spawns. The sub-boss is an alien hovercraft composed of skulls, while the end-of-level boss is a flying alien.
* Area 5 - 2nd Alien Lair (top-view) - The final stage, filled with mouths emerging from the ground, flying heads and spider-like creatures. The final boss is Gaver, a giant alien head with snake-like arms.
Play Super Contra |
View All Scores
Rating: Not rated yet
|Top Scores |
is the champion of |
|# ||Username ||Score ||Comment ||Time |
| ||HAN ||10,650,200 + Verified! + Donors can watch this video. + Cleared! ||a |
|08-22-15 4:15 |
| ||INNUENDO ||10,628,380 + Verified! + Donors can watch this video. + Cleared! ||a |
|06-18-13 20:48 |
| ||knt ||10,611,660 + Verified! + Donors can watch this video. + Cleared! ||a |
|06-07-12 10:25 |
|4 ||pat33999 ||10,554,440 + Verified! + Donors can watch this video. + Cleared! ||a |
|08-07-14 21:05 |
|5 ||Seahawk ||442,740 + Verified! + Donors can watch this video. ||a |
|06-06-10 16:20 |
|6 ||ECInc2XXX ||331,680 ||a |
|04-25-10 0:09 |
|7 ||fogelmir ||310,160 ||a |
|11-02-09 16:18 |
|8 ||Teddy Loc ||164,920 ||a |
|04-30-16 22:56 |
|9 ||richard_Stewart ||152,600 ||a |
|11-26-12 23:01 |
|10 ||jable28 ||147,300 ||a |
|04-20-10 18:15 |
|11 ||bustaboy46 ||36,680 ||a |
|09-15-16 13:27 |
|12 ||stevie78 ||14,260 ||a |
|09-26-15 12:53 |
|13 ||OmegaShadow ||6,580 + Verified! + Donors can watch this video. ||a |
|12-02-11 20:30 |
| ||pat33999 ||Cleared! Speedrun: 00:08:14 + Verified! + Donors can watch this video. ||a ||08-07-14 21:05 |
| ||knt ||Cleared! Speedrun: 00:11:57 + Verified! + Donors can watch this video. ||a ||06-07-12 10:25 |
| ||INNUENDO ||Cleared! Speedrun: 00:15:54 + Verified! + Donors can watch this video. ||a ||06-18-13 20:48 |
| ||HAN ||Cleared! Speedrun: 00:16:17 + Verified! + Donors can watch this video. ||a ||08-22-15 4:15 |
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.
vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. » vBadvanced